Sunday Night Catch-Up

OMG has it been busy lately!!!!!!!!  I’ve vacillated between busy as hell and tired as hell for the past couple of weeks.  I don’t think there’s an in-between anymore!  By adding 3 dogs to the pack (total of 10 dogs now) I have lost the little time I had for myself.  I’ve only had a couple of hours to sew since we got the pups last month.  I intended to sew today and let Ronnie babysit the dogs but I was too tired to give a damn.  I wouldn’t take anything for the puppies but I didn’t know they would be so time-consuming.  Guess it’s been too long since we had puppies around here, but I can’t let them out of their crates unattended, they have to be watched outside or inside, and that eats up so much time.  I was already circulating the dogs in and out of crates but at least the big dogs didn’t have to be monitored so closely; I could let them run free for a bit before I did the next swap.  The good thing is that they’re growing, happy and healthy.  They went to their first adoption event on Saturday and got a lot of attention.


Here is Ronnie eating a Cuban sandwich and watching the babies on the patio of the vet clinic where the adoption event/garage sale was taking place.  I had left my camera at home so was taking photographs with my phone.  So far I think I’m the only volunteer that took any pictures at all.  Pups in the photo are Keira, the white female Chihuahua puppy, and Gino, the brown male Chihuahua.  They were both very well-behaved and the weather was gorgeous.  Our rescue organization made about $1300, too.  Can’t beat that with a stick!

Being so busy has really messed up my WW program, too.  I’ve been so distracted that the past week my program went to hell.  I’m intent on getting control of it again this week.  I’m beginning to get my head together again ( I think, I hope) and that’s at the top of my agenda.  I don’t have as many appointments this week as I did last week and Ronnie is doing much better post-op and doesn’t have another doctor’s visit until the end of next week.  I have some phone calls and some “ME” appointments (facial, nails) and I have to get ahold of Maximus’ trainer and figure out how we’re going to handle that.  Two dogs have to go in for grooming but no more vet visits until the 22nd (for the puppies), thankfully.  Vet visits are 35 miles round-trip and sometimes I go 2 or 3 times a week.  That is very time-consuming, as well, but you do what you have to do when you do rescue.

I had sewn a few small toys with bells inside for the puppies to play with and intended to make some “cat toys” to sell at adoption events and that’s all I’ve done sewing-wise for over a month.  I have so many projects ready to be started or finished and so many more in my head yet to come, but they’ll have to wait while I play catch-up with my life.  It had really started to get the best of me toward the beginning of the week, but I’ve felt a lot better the past few days so I hope I’m coming out of my slump.  It’s supposed to be a pretty week and that always helps the Seasonal Affective Disorder slump I go through.  I have my fingers crossed anyway.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: